Frank Zappa

Adoradores de Astrud, seguidores de AC-DC, Gafa-Pastas afiliados al Mondo Sonoro, histericos de Bustamante...
vichi
moromielda

Mensaje por vichi »

wendigo escribió:Imagen

Terry Bozzio, que estuvo con Zappa del 75 al 78. Formó parte también de UK, entre otros. Considerado uno de los mejores, y desde luego por piezas en al batería no es...

http://www.vicfirth.com/artists/bozzio/mediaframe.html

Joder, tendría los brazos de Boomer.

wendigo
Zappatista
Contactar:

Mensaje por wendigo »

En el link tienes varios videos suyos, que son bastante interesantes.

El tío hace verdaderas melodías con su batería.

jubilao
Milinkitiano
Contactar:

Mensaje por jubilao »

Billy the mountain (duración 24:30 - peso 22,7 Mb)

Además tarda un güevo en bajar, pero ya se sabe que quien algo quiere, algo le cuesta. Y no se preocupen, que al final la montaña va a Mahoma. Cuestión de fé.
Urdu escribió: Tengo fotos actualizadas de mi rabo.

wendigo
Zappatista
Contactar:

Mensaje por wendigo »

Imprescindible escuchar con la letra (traducida o no) delante. Es una historia más que una canción.

wendigo
Zappatista
Contactar:

Mensaje por wendigo »

includes quotes from Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 in D major (Edward Elgar), Johnny's Theme (Paul Anka), Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder (Crawford), O Mein Papa (Paul Burkhard), Over The Rainbow (Harburg/Arlen), Star-Spangled Banner (Smith/Key), Suite: Judy Blue Eyes (Stephen Stills)

One, two, three . . .

BILLY the Mountain
BILLY the Mountain
A regular picturesque
Postcardy mountain
Residing between lovely
Rosamond and Gorman
With his stunning wife ETHELL,
A tree!
A tree!

BILLY was a mountain
ETHELL was a tree
Growing off of his shoulder

BILLY was a mountain
(BILLY was a mountain!)
ETHELL was a tree
Growing off of his shoulder
(ETHELL was a tree growing off of his shoulder)
(hey, hey hey!)

Billy had two big
Caves for eyes,
With a cliff for a jaw
That would go up 'n down,
And whenever it did,
He'd puff out some dust,
And hack up a boulder
(HACK!)
Hack up a boulder
(HACK! HACK!)
Hack up a boulder
(HACK! HACK! HACK!)
Up a boulder

Now, one day, now I believe it was on a Tuesday, a man in a checkered double-knit suit drove up in a large El Dorado Cadillac, leased from BOB SPREEN . . .

("Where the freeways meet in Downey!")

. . . And he laid a HUGE, BULGING ENVELOPE right at the corner of BILLY THE MOUNTAIN, that was right where his 'foot' was supposed to be.

Now, BILLY THE MOUNTAIN, he couldn't believe it! All those postcards he'd posed for, for ALL OF THOSE YEARS, and finally, now, AT LAST, his Royalties!

Royalties!
Royalties . . .
Royalties!
Royalty check is in, honey!

Yes, BILLY THE MOUNTAIN was RICH! Yes, and his eyeball-caves, they widened in amazement, and his jaw (which was a cliff), well it dropped thirty feet!

A bunch of dust puffed out! Rocks and boulders hacked up, (hack! hack!) crushing 'The LINCOLN'!

I gave him the money
He acted real funny
He hocked up a rock and
It TOTALLED my car!

Oh, do you
Know any trucks
Might be bound for THE VALLEY?
I don't wanna stand here
All night in this bar
(Dear Lord)

I don't wanna stand here
All night in this bar
(No shit!)

I don't wanna stand here
All night in this bar!

By two o'clock, when the bars are already closed down, BILLY had broken 'THE BIG NEWS' to ETHELL. And with dust and boulders everywhere, BILLY, choked with excitement, announced . . .

"ETHELL, we're going on a VACATION!"

Yes, and they WERE going on a vacation! (Oh, and ETHELL, ETHELL, ETHELL, like every little woman, she of course was very excited! She creaked a little bit, and some old birds flew off of her.) BILLY told ETHELL they were going to . . . Yes! They were going to NEW YORK!

"ETHELL, we're going to . . . New York!"

But first they were gonna stop in LAS VEGAS . . .

It's off to LAS VEGAS
to check out the lounges
Pull a few handles,
And drink a few beers,
(Oh, ETHELL!)

ETHELL, my darling,
you know that I love you!
I'm glad we could have a
Vacation this year!
(Oh, NEET-O!)

Glad we could have a
Vacation this year!

They left that night, crunchin' across the Mojave Desert . . . their voices echoing through the canyons of your minds (POO-AAH!)

"ETHELL, wanna get a cuppa cawfee?"

(Howard Johnson's! Howard Johnson's!
Howard Johnson's! Howard Johnson's!)

"Ahhh! there's a HOWARD JOHNSONS! Wanna eat some CLAMS?"

The first noteworhty piece of real estate they destroyed was EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE . . .

And TO THIS VERY DAY, 'Wing Nuts' and Data Reduction Clerks alike, speak in reverent whispers about that fateful night when TEST STAND #1 and THE ROCKET SLED ITSELF . . . (We have ignition!) . . . got LUNCHED! I said LUNCHED! (Lunched!) By a FAMOUS MOUNTAIN-IN and his SMALL, WOODEN WIFE.

"Word just in to the KTTV News Service undeniably links THIS MOUNTAIN and HIS WIFE to drug abuse and pay-offs as part of a San Joaquin Valley SMUT RING! However, we can assure parents in the Southern California area that a recent NARCOTICS CRACK-DOWN, in Torrance, Hawthorne, Lomita, Westchester, Playa Del Rey, Santa Monica, Tujunga, Sunland, San Fernando, Pacoima, Sylmar, Newhall, Canoga Park, Palmdale, Glendale, Irwindale, Rolling Hills, Granada Hills, Shadow Hills,Cheviot Hills, will provide the SECRET EVIDENCE the Palmdale Grand Jury has needed to seek a CRIMINAL INDICTMENT, and pave the way for STIFFER LEGISLATION, increased FEDERAL AID, and AVERT A CRIPPLING STRIKE of Bartenders and Veterinarians throughout the INLAND EMPIRE . . . "

WITHIN THE WEEK, Jerry Lewis had hosted a Telethon ("Wah wah wah, nice lady!") to raise funds for the injured (injured . . . ) and homeless (homeless . . . ) in Glendale, as BILLY had just levelled it, and, a few miles right outside of town, BILLY caused a 'Oh Mein Papa' in the Earth's crust, right over the SECRET UNDERGROUND DUMPS (right near the 'Jack-In-The-Box' on Glenoaks) where they keep the POOLS OF OLD POISON GAS, and OBSOLETE GERM BOMBS, just as a FREAK TORNADO cruised through . . .

Yes, it was about three o'clock in the afternoon when little Howard Kaplan was sitting on his porch ( "Toto . . . !") just playing ( "Come on, Toto . . . !") and having a nice time with his little accordion ("Toto . . . !"), and this weird wind came up ("Toto . . . !"), direct from Glendale ("Toto . . . ! Toto . . . !"), blowing these terrible germs in his direction ("Come here, Toto . . . !"), and all of this caused ("Toto . . . !") by a huge mountain ("Aunty Em!")!

"Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly . . . "

. . . sucking up two thirds of it (SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!) for UNTIMELY DISPERSAL over VAST STRETCHES of WATTS!!!

Now, unless I misunderstood, it was right outside of Columbus, Ohio when BILLY received his NOTICE TO REPORT for his INDUCTION PHYSICAL. Now, lemme tell ya, ETHELL said, now ETHELL, ETHELL said she wasn't gonna let him go!

"I'm not gonna let you go, BILLY!"

"THAT'S RIGHT! We now have CONFIRMED REPORTS from an INFORMED ORANGE COUNTY MINISTER, that ETHELL is still an ACTIVE COMMUNIST, and it is This Reporter's Opinion that she also practices (COVEN!) WITCH-CRAFT!"

It was about this time that the telephone rang inside of the SECRET BRIEFCASE belonging to THE ONE MORTAL MAN who might be able to stop all of this senseless destruction and save 'AMERICA HERSELF'! (And I'm sorry to disappoint some of you, it was not Chief Reddin) This one MAN was STUDEBAKER HOCH, fantastic new SUPER HERO of the CURRENT ECONOMIC SLUMP.

(Oh) Now, some folks say he looked like (he was like, he was like) ZUBIN MEHTA (Zubin Mehta); still others say (others say he), bullshit, honey (bullshit, man) he's just another greasy guy who happened to be born next to the Frozen Beef Pies at BONEY'S MARKET. (Others say he was just a, just a) Still others say, John, piss on you, Jack! (crazy Italian) He's just a crazy Italian who drove a RED CAR. You see (nobody knows for sure 'cause he was so), nobody ever really knew for sure, because STUDEBAKER was so-o-o-o-o-o mysterious (mysterious) . . .

HE WAS SO
(He was so, he was so!)
MYSTERIOUS!

HE WAS SO
(He was so, he was so!)
MYSTERIOUS!

'Cuz when a person gets to be
Such a HERO, folks,
And MARVELOUS BEYOND COMPUTE,
You can never REALLY TELL
About a GUY LIKE THAT
(Whether he's really a NICE PERSON
Or if he just SMILES A LOT),
(What?)
Or if he has a son named 'PINOCCHIO',
Or what?

Whether he's really a NICE PERSON or if he has a son named 'PINOCCHIO' or what?

Some men say he could FLY
Some men say he could SWIM
Others say he could SING (like NEIL SEDAKA),
And all the girls in FLUSHING
Would be AMAZED of HIM
(Two, Three!)
AMAZED of HIM!
(Amazed!)
(Amazed!)

Time passes . . .
January, February, March, July . . .
Wednesday . . .
August . . .
Irwindale . . .
. . . 2:30 in the afternoon, Sunday, Monday . . .
Funny Cars!
Walnut!
Friday
City of Industry . . .
Big John Mazmanian!

So when the phone rang
In the secret briefcase,
A strong masculine hand
With a Dudley Do-Right wristwatch
And flexy bracelet
GRABBED IT
And answered
In a deep, calmly assured voice:

"So . . . ah . . . yeah, yeah, hello already . . . what? . . . Well, yeah? . . . Ah, are you kidding . . . ? You're not kidding . . . a mountain . . . ? With a tree growing off of its shoulder . . . ? Aw, you're fulla shit, man . . . ah, listen, by the way, before I go on; did you get those white albums I sent ya with the pencil on the front . . . ? Yeah . . . ? Yeah, you should move some of those for me, we're having a lot of . . . listen, so kiss little Jakee on the head . . . and, ah, how's your wife's hemorrhoids? Oh, that's too bad . . . Listen . . . so you've got a mountain, with a tree, listen, causing . . . oh, my! Well, let me write this down . . . sorta take a few notes here . . . yeah . . . ? To El Segundo, huh? Causing UNTOLD DESTRUCTION? . . . oh . . . God . . . That's terrible! . . . (my baby, my baby) Wanted for DRAFT EVASION? An expense account? And per diem, too?"

SOME MEN SAY HE COULD DANCE!

They said he could DANCE, and, of course, THEY were right! Ladies and Gentlemen, this is it: THE STUDEBAKER HOCH DANCING LESSON & COSMIC PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE featuring Aynsley Dunbar, hit it!

Hey! Twirly, twirly, twirly, twirly, twirly!
Fillmore, Fillmore, Fillmore, Fillmore . . . Hey!

RIGHT HAND FROM THE HEART-UH
LEFT HAND FROM THE HEART-UH
RIGHT HAND FROM THE HEART-UH
LEFT HAND FROM THE LEFT SHOULDER
TO THE HEART-Uh

Fillmore, Fillmore, Fillmore, Fillmore . . .

NOBODY can DANCE like STUDEBAKER HOCH! So many rumors have spread about STUDEBAKER HOCH! (A rumor . . . a rumor . . . ) Consider this rumor (a rumor . . . ), which was published (a rumor . . . ) about three weeks ago in ROLLING STONE!

Oh, it's gotta be true!

STUDEBAKER HOCH can write THE LORD'S Prayer on the head of a pin!

"NO!"

Do-do-do-do-do,
Doot-doot-do DO DO DO!
Do-do-do-do-do,
Doot-doot-do DO!
etc.

(I'm so HIP!)

BEEF PIES!

He was born next to the BEEF PIES,
Underneath JONI MITCHELL'S autographed picture,
Right beside ELLIOT ROBERTS' big Bank Book,
Next to the boat
Where CROSBY flushed away all his stash
And the cops
Got him in the boat and drove away
To THE CAN
Where Neil Young slipped another disc

FROZE-ing by the PIES!
FROZE-ing by the PIES!
FROZE-ing by the PIES!

(And that was the main influence on HIM!)

The influence of a Frozen Beef Pie!

Boldly springing into action, he phoned his wife (who ran a modeling school), WHEREUPON HE . . . yes, HE ran around the back of 'THE BROADWAY' at Hollywood Boulevard and Vine to see if he could find himself some big large, un-used cardboard boxes (no shit!)

After which, he hit up the RALPH'S on Sunset for some 'AUNT JEMIMA SYRUP', some 'KAISER BROILER FOIL', and a pair of blunt scissors! Hey-hey!

Yes! Yes, and in the parking lot of RALPH'S, where "no prices are lower prices than RALPH'S," in the parking lot of RALPH'S (in between a pair of customized trucks where nobody was looking), he cut out some really, really, really NICE WINGS, and he covered them thoroughly with foil!

Thorough-LY wi-TH (e-e-e-e-e) FOIL-L-L!

Then he took those 'WINGS' and wedged one under each of his powerful arms and sneaked into a telephone booth . . .

YES!! Yes! And then he SHUT THE FUCKING DOOR! And he pulled down his blue denim policeman type trouser pants, and he spread even amounts of AUNT JEMIMA maple syrup all over the inside of his legs!

Soon the booth was filling with flies!

(Help me, help me, help me!)

He held open the legs of his boxer shorts so they could all get in (Yes! Yeah!), and when each and every one of those little cocksuckin' flies had gone into his pants, and they were lapping up all that maple syrup, he bent over and he put his head between his legs and he said in a very clear, impressive, RON HUBBARD-type voice . . .

"NEW YORK!"

. . . and the booth and everything lifted up, out of the parking lot, and into the sky!

STUDEBAKER HOCH
YEAH, YEAH
STUDEBAKER HOCH
STU-DE-BAKER HOCH!

STUDEBAKER HOCH
YEAH, YEAH
STUDEBAKER HOCH
STU-DE-BAKER HOCH!

He's coating his legs
With AUNT JEMIMA syrup up and down!

His shorts'll be filled with flies
That will be buzzing all around!

Stoodlabaker Hoch:
He's really outa sight!
Stoodlabaker Hoch:
He does it every night!
Stoodlabaker Hoch:
He treats the flies all right
STOODLA-BAKER HOCH
That's why they never bite, hey!

(Please to New York!
Fly to New York!)

He could be a DOG
Or a FROG
Or a LESBIAN QUEEN!

(Fly to New York!)

He could be a NARK
Or a LADY MARINE!

Or he might play dirty!
He's OVER THIRTY!
(Getting old? Say! I don't know!)

His peculiar attire
And the flies he require
Keep leading him on
'Cause ETHELL is gone
They keep leading him on
'Cause ETHELL is gone
And THE MOUNTAIN she's on

And speaking of mountains, we'll join STUDEBAKER HOCH on the edge of BILLY THE MOUNTAIN's mouth. Take it away:

"Ah . . . ya, ya, ya, hey-ah BILLY, ah, listen . . . I've come to REASON with you! Our GREAT COUNTRY needs you in the Armed Forces! Your NUMBER came up . . . you can't go on running like this forever."

Oh! But ETHELL just shook her twigs angrily, but STUDEBAKER HOCH, calm, cool, collected, and UN-ferturbed, continued . . .

"Ya, well listen, you (cough cough) . . . listen, you COMMUNIST SON-OF-A-BITCH! You better get your ass down there for your fuckin' physical, or I'll see to it that you get used for FILL DIRT in some impending New Jersey MARSH RECLAMATION . . . and your girl-friend there will wind up disguised as a series of brooms, primitive ironing boards (or a DOG HOUSE) . . . get the (cough, cough), GET THE PICTURE?"

Yeah, well, BILLY just laughed:

"HO, HO, HO! If they think they're gonna draft ME, they're CRAZY!"

Unfortunately, because STUDEBAKER HOCH was standing on the edge of BILLY THE MOUNTAIN's mouth when the giant mountain laughed, STUDEBAKER HOCH lost his footing and fell, screaming, two hundred feet into the rubble below!

"Aaahhhhh . . . oh fuck, I'm gonna need a TRUSS . . . "

Oh, listen, that only goes to show you, and it'll show you once again that . . .

A Mountain is something
You don't wanna fuck with
You don't wanna fuck with
Don't fuck around
(Don't fuck around)

Don't fuck with BILLY (No!)
And don't fuck with ETHELL
(You saw what just happened
To the guy with the flies!)

DON'T FUCK AROUND!
DON'T FUCK AROUND!
DON'T FUCK AROUND!
DON'T FUCK AROUND!
DON'T FUCK AROUND!
DON'T FUCK AROUND!
DON'T FUCK AROUND!

With

Biddilly, Biddilly
Biddilly, Biddilly, Biddilly

BIDDILLY
THE
MOUNTIN-INNNNNNN!

(Eddie, are you kidding?)

Eddie, are you kidding?

FZ: Oh, I forgot to mention this is where we take our intermission, we'll see you in a few minutes . . .
(Thank you!)
FZ: We'll be back!

Un... dos... tres...

Billy la Montaña
Billy la Montaña
Una montaña normal
Pintoresca, de tarjeta postal
Que reside entre el amable
Rosamond y Gorman
Con su atractiva esposa Ethell
Un árbol
Un árbol

Billy era una montaña
Ethell era un árbol que crecía en su hombro
Billy era una montaña
(Billy era una montaña)
Ethell era un árbol que crecía en su hombro
(Ethell era un árbol que crecía en su hombro)
¡Eh-eh-eh!
Billy tenía por ojos dos grandes cuevas
Con un acantilado por mandíbula que iba arriba y abajo
Y cuando lo hacía salía polvo
Y tosía una roca
¡Tos!
Tosía una roca
¡Tos, tos!
Tosía una roca
¡Tos, tos!
Tosía una roca

Un día, creo que fue un martes, un hombre con un traje de punto a cuadros llegó en un gran Cadillac El Dorado alquilado en Bob Spreen...
("¡Donde las autovías se encuentran en Downey!")
Y dejó un enorme y abultado sobre justo en la esquina de Billy la Montaña, que es donde se supone que estaba su pie. ¡Billy la Montaña no podía creerlo! ¡Todas esas postales para las que había posado todos estos años, y finalmente, ahora, al fin, sus royalties!
¡Royalties!
¡El cheque de los royalties ha llegado, cariño...!
¡Royalties!
¡Royalties!
¡Sí! ¡Billy la Montaña era rico! Sí... y las cuevas de sus ojos se abrieron de asombro, y su mandibula, que era un acantilado, bueno... ¡se cayó treinta pies!
Salió un montón de polvo
¡Rocas y peñascos salieron disparados!
¡Tos, tos, tos!
¡Aplastando el Lincoln!

Le di el dinero
Y actuó de un modo raro
Tosió una roca y
Destrozó mi coche
Oh sabes
Si algún camión podría
Venir al valle
No quiero pasarme
Toda la noche en este bar
Señor yo
No quiero pasarme
No mierda, yo
No quiero pasarme

Hacia las dos en punto, cuando los bares ya habían cerrado, Billy le había dado las buenas nuevas a Ethell
¡Ta-da!
Y con polvo y piedras por todas partes
Billy, atragantado por la emoción
¡AAAY!
Anunció:
ETHELL, NOS VAMOS DE VACACIONES
¡Sí! Y se iban de vacaciones... oh, y Ethell, Ethell, Ethell, como cualquier mujercita, por supuesto estaba muy excitada
¡Ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja ja!
Crujió un poco y algunos pájaros viejos salieron volando
Billy le dijo a Ethell que se iban a...
¡Sí! ¡Se iban a Nueva York!
ETHELL, NOS VAMOS A...
TU-TU-TU-TU-TU
NUEVA YORK
¡Pero primero iban a parar en Las Vegas!

Vamos a Las Vegas
A ver los garitos
Tirar de algunas palancas
Y bebernos unas cervezas
Oh, Ethell
Ethell, cariño
Sabes que te quiero
Estoy contento de que podamos tener
Vacaciones este año
Oh, estupendo
Contento de que podamos tener
Vacaciones este año

Salieron esa noche, crujiendo a través del desierto Mojave, con sus voces haciendo ecos por los cañones de tu mente...
(¡Puagh!)
ETHELL, ¿QUIERES UNA TAZA DE CAFE?
(Howard Johnson's, Howard Johnson's, Howard Johnson's)
OH, AHÍ HAY UN HOWARD JOHNSON'S... ¿QUIERES UNAS ALMEJAS?

La primera propiedad remarcable que destruyeron fue la base Edwards de las Fuerzas Aéreas

Y hasta este día, los mecánicos y los empleados del servicio de datos hablan en reverentes susurros de la fatídica noche en que el Puesto de Pruebas Número Uno y la misma rampa de lanzamiento fueron...
(Tenemos una misión...)
¡ALMORZADOS!
¡He dicho ALMORZADOS!
Por una famosa montaña
Ha di da di da da
Y su pequeña esposa de madera
Ha di da di da da di da di da da da

Acaban de llegar noticias a la KTTV... que sin duda relacionan a esta montaña y a su esposa con el abuso de drogas y el círculo del vicio de San Joaquin Valley... En cualquier caso podemos asegurar a los padres de la zona sur de California que las medidas que narcóticos ha tomado recientemente en Torrance... Hawthorne... Lomita... Westchester... Playa del Rey... Santa Monica... Tujunga... Sunland... San Fernando... Pacoima... Sylmar... Newhall... Canoga Park... Palmdale... Glendale... Irwindale... Rolling Hills... Granada Hills... Shadow Hills... Cheviot Hills... darán la evidencia secreta que el Gran Jurado de Palmdale necesitaba para conseguir una acusación criminal... y allanar el camino para una legislación más rígida... mayor ayuda federal... y prevenir una dañina huelga de camareros y veterinarios... por todo el imperio interior...

A la semana Jerry Lewis había presentado un tele-maratón
(La la la bella dama)
Para conseguir fondos para los heridos
Heridos
Y los que se habían quedado sin hogar
Sin hogar
En Glendale

(Ya que Billy lo había allanado)
Y a unas pocas millas fuera de la ciudad, Billy causó un 'Oh Mein Papa' en la corteza de la tierra
Justo encima de los depósitos subterráneos secretos, junto al Jack-In-The-Box de Glenoaks, donde guardan las
Balsas de viejo gas venenoso
Y las bombas bacteriológicas obsoletas
Al tiempo que pasaba un tornado...
Sí, era sobre las tres de la tarde cuando el pequeño Howard Kaplan estaba sentado en su porche...
¡Toto!
Tocando...
¡Ven aquí, Toto!
Pasando un buen rato con su acordeón...
¡Toto!
Cuando ese extraño viento llegó...
¡Toto!
Directo desde Glendale...
¡Toto!
Soplando esos terribles microbios en su dirección...
¡Toto! ¡Ven aquí, Toto!
Y todo esto causado por una montaña enorme
(¡Tía Em!)
En algún lugar encima del arco iris
Las golondrinas vuelan
Chupando las dos terceras partes
(Chupa, chupa, chupa)
Para una dispersión prematura sobre vastas extensiones de... ¡WATTS!

Ahora, a menos que lo haya entendido mal, fue justo fuera de Columbus, Ohio, cuando Billy recibió la notificación de presentarse al reconocimiento médico, y, ya te digo, Ethell dijo, y Ethell, Ethell dijo, que no le iba a dejar ir
¡No voy a dejarte ir, Billy!
Eso es

Ahora tenemos noticias confirmadas por un sacerdote informado de Orange County de que Ethell es todavía una comunista en activo... y es La Opinión de Este Periodista que también practica...
Aquelarre
¡La brujería!

Fue más a menos en esos momentos que sonó el teléfono dentro del maletín secreto que pertenecíaal único mortal capaz de parar toda esta destrucción sin sentido y salvar a América... y siento desilusionar a algunos de vosotros, no era el Jefe Redden... este hombre único era Studebacher Hoch... el fantástico nuevo super héroe de la actual depresión económica

Alguna gente dice que se parecía a
(Se parece a)
Zubin Mehta
(Zubin Mehta)
Otros dicen...
(Otros dicen...)
Una mierda , cariño
(Una mierda, tío...)
Era sólo otro tío grasiento
(Pasteles de carne congelados)
Que nació junto a los pasteles de carne congelados de Boney's Market
(Otros dicen que era sólo un)
Otros dicen
Pff, vete a mear, Jack
(Italiano loco)
Sólo es un italiano loco que conduce un coche rojo
¿Lo veis?
(Nadie lo sabe con seguridad porque era tan)
Nadie la ha sabido nunca con seguridad
Porque Studebacher era tan
Misterioso
(Misterioso)
Era tan
(Era tan, era tan)
Misterioso
Era tan
(Era tan, era tan)
Misterioso

Porque cuando una persona llega a ser
Un héroe tal, amigos
Y maravilloso más allá de todo cómputo
Nunca puedes nada sobre un tío así
Si es buena persona de verdad
O si sólo sonríe mucho
O si tiene un hijo llamado Pinocho
O qué
Si es buena persona de verdad o si tiene un hijo llamado Pinocho o qué
Algunos dicen que puede volar
Algunos dicen que sabe nadar
Otros dicen que sabe cantar como Neil Sedaka
Y las chicas de Flushing se pasmarían con el
Dos... tres...
Pasmadas con él
(¡Pasmadas!)
Pasa el tiempo...

Enero
Febrero
Marzo
Julio
Miércoles
Agosto
Irwindale
Dos y media de la tarde
Domingo
Lunes
Coche Raros
Walnut
Viernes
Ciudad Industrial
Big John Masmanian

Así que cuando sonó el teléfono
En el maletín secreto
Una fuerte mano masculina
Con un reloj de pulsera de Dudley Do-Right
Y un brazalete flexible
Lo cogió
Y contestó
Con una profunda
Calmada y segura voz...

Así que... eh... sí, sí... hola, ¿ya? ¿Qué? Qué... ¿sí?
Eh... ¿estás de broma? No estás de broma... ¡Una montaña! ¿Con un árbol que le crece en el hombro? ¡Estás lleno de mierda, tío! Eh... oye, a propósito, antes de que sigas... ¿recibiste esos álbumes blancos que te mandé con un lápiz delante? ¿Sí? Sí, tienes que darme algunos, estamos teniendo un montón de... oye... besa al pequeño Jakee en la cabeza... y... eh... ¿cómo están las hemorroides de tu esposa? Oh, lo siento... soye... así que una montaña... con un árbol... oye, causando... vaya... vale, déjame que lo escriba... que tome unas notas... ¿Sí? ¿A El Segundo? ¿Ah? ¿Causando una destrucción inenarrable?
(Mi nena, mi nena)
¿Se le busca por... desertor? Oh... ¿una cuenta de gastos? ¿Y además dietas?

Algunos dicen que sabía bailar
Dicen que sabía bailar y tenían razón... damas y caballeros, aquí está, la Lección de Baile y de Guía Espiritual Cósmica de Studebacher Hoch, presentado a Aynsley Dunbar... ¡Dale!

Gira... gira... gira... etc.
Fillmore... Fillmore... etc.
¡Eh! La mano derecha en el corazón
La mano izquierda en el corazón
La mano derecha en el corazón
La mano izquierda desde el hombro izquierdo al corazón
Fillmore... Fillmore... etc.
Nadie sabe bailar como Studebacher Hoch

Ha habido muchos rumores sobre Studebacher Hoch...
(Un rumor... un rumor...)
Considerad este rumor...
(Un rumor...)
Que se publicó hace unas tres semanas en rolling Stone...
(¡Oh, tiene que ser cierto!)
¡Studebacher Hoch puede escribir el Padre Nuestro en la cabeza de un alfiler!
(¡No!)

Tu-ru-ru,
Tu-ru tu-tu-tu-ru...
etc.
¡Soy tan moderno!
Pasteles de carne
Nació junto a los pasteles de carne
Debajo
De la foto autografiada de Joni Mitchell
Justo al lado del gran libro de cuentas de Ellio Robert
Cerca del barco
Donde Crosby tiró la droga por el retrete
Y la policía
Lo cogió en el barco y se fueron
A la lata
Donde Neil Young deslizó otro disco

Helándose junto a los pasteles

Y esa era su mayor influencia
La influencia de un pastel de carne congelado

Entrando en acción bruscamente llamó a su esposa...
Que tenía una escuela de modelos en la que él...
Sí, corrió a la espalda de Broadway en Hollywood Boulevard y Vine a ver si podía encontrar algunas cajas de cartón grandes sin usar...
(¡Sin coñas!)
Después de lo cual se fue al Ralph's de Sunset a por mermelada Aunt Jemima, papel de cocina Kaiser y un par de tijeras sin afilar, ¡he-hey!
Sí, y en el aparcamiento de Ralph's...
(Donde no hay precios tan bajos como en Ralph's...)
En el aparcamiento de Ralph's, entre dos camiones a medida, donde nadie miraba, se cortó unas alas muy, muy, muy bonitas y las cubrió minuciosamente con papel...
Minuciosamente con papel...
Luego cogió esas alas y se las apretó debajo de cada uno de sus poderosos brazos... y se deslizó en una cabina de teléfonos...
¡Sí!
Sí... ¡y luego cerró la puta puerta! Y se bajó los vaqqueros azules tipo policía y se untó generosas cantidades de mermelada de arce de Aunt Jemima por todo el interior de sus piernas...
¡Ah ja ja ja!
Pronto la cabina se llenó de moscas
¡Socorro! ¡Socorro! ¡Socorro! ¡Socorro!
Mantuvo abiertas las perneras de sus calzoncillos de boxeador para que todas pudieran entrar...
¡Sí!
¡No!
Y cuando todas y cada una de esas pequeñas moscas chupapollas se habían metido en sus calzones y estaban lamiendo toda esa mermelada de arce... se agachó y puso la cabeza entre las piernas y dijo con una voz clara e impresionante tipo Ron Hubbard...
New York
¡Y la cabina y todo lo demás se elevó del aparcamiento hacia el cielo!

Studebacher Hoch, sí, sí
Studebacher Hoch, Studebacher Hoch
Studebacher Hoch, sí, sí
Studebacher Hoch, Studebacher Hoch

Se cubre las piernas
Con mermelada Aunt Jemima
Arriba y abajo
Sus calzoncillos de llenarán
De moscas que estarán
Zumbando por todas partes

Stoodlabaker Hoch
De verdad es el no va más
Stoodlabaker Hoch
Lo hace todas las noches
Stoodlabaker Hoch
Trata a las moscas bien
Stoodlabaker Hoch
Por eso nunca muerden
¡Hey!

Por favor a Nueva York
Volad a Nueva York
Puede ser un perro
O una rana
O una reina lesbiana
A Nueva York
Puede ser un narco
O una mujer marine

Oh puede que juegue sucio
Tiene unos treinta años
Se hace viejo
¡Dilo!
No sé
Su atuendo peculiar
Y las moscas que necesita
Le siguen llevando
Porque Ethell se ha ido
Le siguen llevando
Porque Ethell se ha ido
Y la montaña en la que está

Y hablando de montañas nos uniremos a Studebacher Hoch en el borde de la boca de Billy la Montaña... adelante...

Ah, sí... sí, sí... eh... ah... ¿Billy? Eh... escucha, he venido a razonar contigo, nuestro gran país te necesita en las Fuerzas Armadas, tu número ha salido, no puedes seguir huyendo así siempre...

¡Oh! Pero Ethell sólo movió sus ramas con enfado, pero Studebacher Hoch, tranquilo y con calma imperturbable continuó

Sí, bueno, escucha, tú... Coff, coff...
Escucha, tú, comunista hijo de perra, mejor que muevas el culo de ahí por tu puto físico, o haré que te usen para llenar de mierda alguna próxima reclamación de pantano en New Jersey, y tu amiguita de ahí acabará disfrazada de una serie de escobas, tablas de planchar primitivas, o una casa de perro, ¿coges el...?
¡Coff, coff! ¿Coges el cuadro?

Sí, bueno, Billy sencillamente se rio
¡JA JA JA! SI CREEN QUE ME VAN A ALISTAR, ESTÁN LOCOs

Desafortunadamente, porque Studebacher Hoch estaba en el borde de la boca de Blilly la Montaña, cuando la montaña gigante se rio, ¡Studebacher hoch perdió pie y cayó gritando doscientos pies hasta los escombros de abajo!

¡Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
¡Oh, mierda, voy a necesitar un braguero!

Oh, escuchad, esto sólo viene a demostraros... y os lo enseñaré otra vez, que...

Una montaña es algo
Con lo que no te gustaría joderla
Con lo que no te gustaría joderla
No la jodas
¡No la jodas!
No la jodas con Billy
¡No!
Y no la jodas con Ethell
Ya has visto lo que pasó
Con el tío de las moscas

No la jodas
No la jodas
No la jodas
No la jodas
No la jodas
No la jodas
No la jodas
Con Biddilly
Biddilly
Biddilly
Biddilly la Montaña-na

¿Eddie, estás de broma?

¿Eddie, estás de broma...? Oh, se me olvidó decir que ahora es cuando hacemos el intermedio, nos vemos en unos minutos
¡Gracias!
¡Volveremos!

Perro De Lobo
Ente de HAMOR
Contactar:

Mensaje por Perro De Lobo »

Bajandoló!

Por la extensión de la letra y por las pocas frases sueltas que he leido, promete mucho!
He sido asaltado fieramente por la concupiscencia carnal

vichi
moromielda

Mensaje por vichi »

Me he bajado un concierto del 81 en Nueva York, con Steve Vai. Está interesante, creo que tocan la de billie la montaña, pero no estoy seguro de que sea esa. El caso es que todo el concierto es una sola cancion.

wendigo
Zappatista
Contactar:

Mensaje por wendigo »

Pues no sé qué concierto es exáctamente (ahora mismo estoy un poco espeso) pero sí, Billy The mountain efectivamente es una canción muy muy larga. Pero no la única de esas características.

Por cierto, para los admiradores de Vai:

Albumes en que aparece:

* Tinsel Town Rebellion guitarra rítmica, voces
* Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar guitarra rítmica
* Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar Some More guitarra rítmica
* Return Of The Son Of Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar guitarra rítmica
* You Are What You Is abuso de la Strato
* Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch partes de guitarra imposibles
* The Man From Utopia partes de guitarra imposibles (en Strato y en acústica)
* Them Or Us guitarra solista, rítmica, rellenos, partes de guitarra escritas
* Thing-Fish guitarra
* Frank Zappa Meets The Mothers Of Prevention guitarra
* Jazz From Hell guitarra rítmica
* Guitar guitarra acrobática
* You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 1 guitarra acrobática
* You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 3 guitarra acrobática
* You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 4 guitarra acrobática, voz, zucchini, guitarra solista
* You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 5 guitarra acrobática
* You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 6 guitarra acrobática
* Have I Offended Someone? guitarra, abuso de la Strato, partes de guitarra imposibles

Por supuesto, en algunos de los discos puede aparezca solo en dos o tres canciónes, en una canción, o simplemente un solo. Los comentarios son los que aparecen en los créditos de cada disco.

PD: Pronto (cuando me empape un poco) pondré algo de la gira de los hijos del bigotes, que creo que pasará por españa

wendigo
Zappatista
Contactar:

Mensaje por wendigo »

http://www.noblepr.co.uk/zappa/

Imagen

Tuesday October 25, 2005 - Olympic Pavillion, Barcelona (Spain)
Ticket Price: €45, €40, €32
Box Office: (34) 93 459 23 62
Venue Website - http://www.penya.com
Online Booking - http://www.gamerco.com
Doors Open - 8:00pm / on stage - 10pm
Street Address: C/Ponent, 143-161, 08912, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain

wendigo
Zappatista
Contactar:

Mensaje por wendigo »

Sus voy a subir una canción curiosa del disco "Broadway the hard way", que es un gran directo (como todos de Zappa, claro) y en el que hay muchas sorpresitas.

Y después una de las grandes joyas de la discografía de Frank Zappa, una impresionante versión del clásico "Stolen Moments" con la banda disfrutando de la oportunidad de tocar el tema y con un respeto tremendo (e inusitado para Zappa). A destacar el bajo de Scott "no-sabe-tocar-jazz" Thunes, y el precioso solo de trompeta de Walt Fowler. Parece ser que usualmente la canción en directo derivaba en una serie de solos de toda la banda, pero en esta ocasión deriva en la aparición de Sting.

Zappa nos cuenta que acaba de conocer a Sting y que es muy simpático y ha accedido a tocar con ellos. Sale Sting y nos cuenta sus problemas con Jimmy Swaggart (más sobre Swaggart en The Best Band You Never Heard In Your Life*) y sus opiniones sobre su canción "Murder By Numbers", que ni corto ni perezoso se pone a cantar sobre la base de "Stolen Moments" que está tocando la banda. Como buen amante del jazz que es, se nota que disfruta cantando sobre semejante base. Otro gran momento, Zappa dirigiendo la banda (se les cae una nota), Sting cantando con convicción, Thunes en todo lo suyo y Zappa que agarra la guitarra y se hace un estupendo solo con ese sonido limpio que me gusta tanto. Y la banda que vuelve a "Stolen Moments". Me imagino que la gente que estuviera en Chicago aquel 3 de marzo tardaría mucho en recuperarse de la impresión.

Despues de leer cosas como estas, se me quitan las ganas de ir a ningun concierto, ¿por qué no pasan cosas así hoy?

Zappa con Sting - Murder by numbers

*Ya salió en este post, y no sabía quien era. Ya tengo alguna idea más y es una anécdota que también es interesante y contaré/copypastearé cuando tal.

Edito:

"But four years ago Jimmy Swaggart said this about me. He said, "This here song by The Police, 'Murder by Numbers', was written by Satan, performed by the Sons of Satan -- Beelzebub, Lucifer, The Horned One."

-- Sting (live with Frank Zappa in Concert)

Responder